- التقديم من خلال الموقع لا
- رسالة التغطية لا
University College of Applied Sciences
‘GIS For Community’ Project
Terms of Reference
University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: “GIS For Community”. This project aims to develop a comprehensive work based program (2 years diploma) in GIS specialty that capable of graduating qualified cadres participate in economic and community development in Gaza strip. Accordingly, UCAS seeks the selection and employment of a GIS Technician to work in project implementation.
UCAS is considering the selection of a qualified GIS Technician to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the implementation and coordination of the GIS Community and Training Center (GCTC) activities under the supervision of the Project coordinator.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The technician will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to the following tasks:
1. Coordinate work in the GIS laboratory to ensure successful implementation and provide adequate follow up for the center’s activities
2. Manage volunteers and conduct trainings when necessary
3. Provide technical support for GIS Diploma students, and help in supervising graduation projects
4. Set up and operate center equipment
5. Preparation of laboratory sheets and progress reports related to the GCTC
6. Build professional online database for GIS data, maps, satellite images, etc.
7. Evaluation and monitoring of GCTC activities progress at all stages of the project.
- At least Bachelor degree in GIS with minimum GPA of 85%
- Minimum of 1 year experience in GIS field.
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders and
others contracted in the course of work
- Strong technical writing skills specially in Arabic
- Good Knowledge of English
Place of work:
The Technician will work in UCAS buildings mainly in the main campus in Gaza.
The duration of the assignment is 24 Months; the technician shall work 7 hours per day. 5
days per week.
Contract Type: Time Based contract.